Biobased Materials. Challenges and concepts
Get knowledge about the current plastics problematic and learn the main concepts about biobased materials and its current and future market situation.
Are you already registered for this course?
Paying by bank transfer
Learn about biobased materials and in particular::
- Knowing and understanding the current problems of environmental impact of plastics and the role of biobased materials.
- Knowing and understanding the terminology applicable to biobased materials.
- Characteristics of biobased materials: Families scheme.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using biobased materials.
- Knowing the current and future situation of the market for biobased materials, developments and emerging trends.
Professionals and future professionals on plastic sector interested in laying the groundwork and/or expand their knowledge about biobased materials.
DURATION AND CONTENT
The course will take approximately 40 minutes.
The modules are the following:
- Plastic and environment: Current challenges for plastics and its impact on the environment.
- Concepts and situation: definition, classification, ecological impact (circular economy) and biobased materials market.
PLASTICS AND ENVIRONMENT
1.- Plastic challenges: energy comsuption, role in climate change and other environmental issues.
2.- Plastic recycling: examples of "typical" plastic life cycle.
3.- Plastic and sea: a doomed relatioship.
CONCEPTS AND SITUATION
1.- Bio definitions:
a) What is a biobased material?
b) What is a biodegradable material?
c) What is a compostable material?
d) What are the common misconceptions about biobased?
2.- Biobased classification.
3.- Circular economy and sustainability.
4.- Market figures.